Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Awesome flavors!!! If you are a strawberry lover, this one is for you! A rich creamy texture to enjoy. The nuts are optional, but does add to flavor combination. If used, chopped pecans are recommended.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (half 'n half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half 'n half and only stir just to blend -- do not overstir!
- Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.
This recipe is wonderful! I've made the batter into a bundt cake (as pictured), muffins, and as a loaf, it really doesn't matter which way you bake it, it's amazing! I let the cake sit for 24 hours, and it really gives a chance for the strawberries to meld in with the baked ingredients, so that it's moist and perfect. This is the greatest strawberry bread/cake I have ever prepared, and it will definitely be a staple in my kitchen. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Time to bake this again. Great bread, sliced, and toasted for breakfast.....yummm
Great quick bread recipe! This is probably the best strawberry bread recipe I have ever made ~ the whole family loves it. I used Splenda blend for the sugar and it worked great. I also sprinkled some turbinado sugar over the top before baking. My loaf was baked in a convection oven and it was done at exactly 50 minutes. If you love strawberries, try this recipe ~ you won't be disappointed! Thank you for posting a keeper.