Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Awesome flavors!!! If you are a strawberry lover, this one is for you! A rich creamy texture to enjoy. The nuts are optional, but does add to flavor combination. If used, chopped pecans are recommended.
Top Review by fille de soleil
This recipe is wonderful! I've made the batter into a bundt cake (as pictured), muffins, and as a loaf, it really doesn't matter which way you bake it, it's amazing! I let the cake sit for 24 hours, and it really gives a chance for the strawberries to meld in with the baked ingredients, so that it's moist and perfect. This is the greatest strawberry bread/cake I have ever prepared, and it will definitely be a staple in my kitchen. Thank you so much for sharing it!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (half 'n half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half 'n half and only stir just to blend -- do not overstir!
- Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.