Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Awesome flavors!!! If you are a strawberry lover, this one is for you! A rich creamy texture to enjoy. The nuts are optional, but does add to flavor combination. If used, chopped pecans are recommended.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (half 'n half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half 'n half and only stir just to blend -- do not overstir!
- Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.
This recipe is wonderful! I've made the batter into a bundt cake (as pictured), muffins, and as a loaf, it really doesn't matter which way you bake it, it's amazing! I let the cake sit for 24 hours, and it really gives a chance for the strawberries to meld in with the baked ingredients, so that it's moist and perfect. This is the greatest strawberry bread/cake I have ever prepared, and it will definitely be a staple in my kitchen. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Great quick bread recipe! This is probably the best strawberry bread recipe I have ever made ~ the whole family loves it. I used Splenda blend for the sugar and it worked great. I also sprinkled some turbinado sugar over the top before baking. My loaf was baked in a convection oven and it was done at exactly 50 minutes. If you love strawberries, try this recipe ~ you won't be disappointed! Thank you for posting a keeper.
Time to bake this again. Great bread, sliced, and toasted for breakfast.....yummm