Recipe by cullinaryjudge2
A recipe from Betty Crocker website. These can be reheated in the microwave, as they are best eaten warm. The recipe states that it makes 15, but I only get 12. Good for breakfast or brunch.
- 3 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves (or other flavored preserves)
- sugar, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Stir Bisquick, orange peel and orange juice until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix to coat.
- Shape into a ball; knead 10 times.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with 2 1/2 inch round cutter dipped in dry Bisquick mix.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stir together cream cheese and preserves.
- Spoon about 1 heaping tsp of this mixture onto center of each dough circle.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.