Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was looking for something to do with a strawberry cake mix that I had hanging around. I found these in a cookbook, Quick Fixes with Cake Mixes. As the into says "if you like cheescake or pastries with cheese filling, you'll really like these..."
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with vegetable spray or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix well.
- Press the mixture into bottom prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with remaining eggs and sugar until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Pour the mixture over cake mix batter and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until light brown on top.
- Cool, cut into bars and enjoy.
Made these for a get-together with friends and they were a huge hit! So easy, and very yummy! I am eager to make them again!
Too sweet for me, the stars are only for the ease of preparation.
Great bars and so easy to make. Everyone was ooing and ahhing over these. Thanks for sharing