Recipe by Marie
This is a great strawberry whipped cream filling for an 8" layer cake. Allow time to chill before spreading on cake.
Top Review by LA28
Very good! I doubled this recipe for a 13 x 18 inch cake, and it turned out great. Very easy and tasted yummy - just like creamy fresh strawberries. Not too sweet, which was perfect. And it set beautifully - really stood up to the weight of the top layer of cake. I piped a border of icing around the perimeter of the bottom layer, spread the filling on, set the top layer down, and filled in the rest of the gap between the icing border and the top cake layer with icing, forming a complete wall of icing. I had no problems with the filling smooshing out. Thank you so much for the recipe!!:)
- 2 cups hulled strawberries, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to strawberries and set aside.
- Soften gelatin in cold water, then add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into strawberries and allow to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into strawberries when it (the strawberry mixture) is the consistency of heavy syrup.
- Refrigerate until set.