Recipe by Marie
This is a great strawberry whipped cream filling for an 8" layer cake. Allow time to chill before spreading on cake.
Top Review by Kelly's Kravings
Delicious! Made a few changes- used thawed frozen strawberries, crushed in blender; and used strawberry gelatin because I couldn't find unflavored in our small town; And added about a cup of whipping cream! Turned out wonderfully creamy. Put inside a yellow cake. YUMMY!
- 2 cups hulled strawberries, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to strawberries and set aside.
- Soften gelatin in cold water, then add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into strawberries and allow to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into strawberries when it (the strawberry mixture) is the consistency of heavy syrup.
- Refrigerate until set.