1/1 Photo of Strawberry Cream Cake
5 hrs 25 mins
A reworked recipe from Pinterest. One of the ingredients (the glazing mix) was unobtainable. Prep time includes chill time. Only half a cake mix is required. Using an entire box will make the bottom layer too thick. Don't worry about the remainder mix. Use it next week because you'll be making this again soon. Note: The recipe won't allow me to put "1/2" package cake mix. For those that may be confused, it is 1/2 (or 0.5) of an 18.25 ounce package white cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake Layer
- 0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (about 2 cups dry mix depending on size)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
For the Cream Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream (1/2 pint)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
For the Strawberry Layer
- 1To make the cake layer: Mix together the ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13"x9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- 2To make the cream layer: Beat the whipping cream on high until soft peaks form; set aside. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then gradually add the powdered sugar. Gently fold in the whipped cream until well incorporated.
- 3Spread over the cooled cake and refrigerate.
- 4To make the strawberry glaze: Slice the strawberries in half or quarters. Sprinkle the desired amount of sugar over the sliced strawberries, tossing to distribute the sugar and allowing the juices to run. Try to keep from over-smashing the berries. Set aside.
- 5In medium sauce pan over high heat add strawberry gelatin, vanilla pudding mix and water; bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and let the mixture stand about 10 minutes or cool enough to the touch.
- 7Spread or arrange the sweetened strawberries and juices over the cream layer and pour or gently spread the glazing mixture over the strawberry/cream cheese layer of the cake.
- 8Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g