1/1 Photo of Strawberry Cream Cake
1 hr 25 mins
From Martha Stewart: "Cake, cream, and berries combine in a treat that's twice as delectable as the sum of its parts. The buttery cake soaks up the strawberry juices, while the whipped cream adds an airy richness. Even better, it can wait patiently in the refrigerator for up to a day." I have not tried this yet and usually don't post what I haven't tried but my friends all rave about this recipe. Feel free to substitute a medley of berries and fruits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan, and line with parchment paper. Butter and flour paper and sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and milk in 2, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 3Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Using a serrated knife, split cake in half horizontally; place bottom half, cut side up, on a serving plate.
- 4Make topping: In a large bowl, combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- 5Make cream: place cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt in bowl and mix at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down bowl with rubber spatula as needed.
- 6Reduce speed to low and add heavy cream in slow, steady stream; when almost fully combined, increase speed to medium-high and beat until mixture holds stiff peaks, scraping bowl as needed (you should have about 4 1/2 cups).
- 7Arrange half of strawberries over bottom cake layer; top with half of whipped cream, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover with top half of cake, cut side down. Top cake with remaining whipped cream, leaving a 1-inch border. Refrigerate cake and remaining strawberries separately, at least 1 hour (or up to 1 day). Just before serving, spoon strawberries over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.2 mg
- Sodium 277.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g