Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and easy to make!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 4 egg whites
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces whipped topping
- Mix cake mix, 3/4 package strawberry gelatin (the other 1/4 will be saved for later) add coconut and nuts.
- Add oil, milk, egg yolks and 1 cup strawberries to other ingredients. Mix with hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy and fold into cake batter.
- Pour mixture into pan (spray or grease and flour first). Cook in preheated over at 350°F to 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes. Poke holes all over the cake with a straw.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and the rest of the strawberry gelatin. Pour mixture over cake.
- Refridgerate over night.
- Smooth whipped topping over the top of the cake and then slice the rest of your strawberries and place decoratively on top of whipped topping.