Make for yourself or as a gift. If you don't like the strawberry try Peaches & Cream or Lemon Meringue, adjusting the fragrance and the color, or make a blue and white version using a fragrance of your own choice. Note: Regarding to the review that uses Kool-aid I would like to say that I have never used that and I am not sure or it will leave stains.
- 6 cups coarse sea salt
- 1⁄8 cup glycerin (optional)
- red food coloring, powder if possible
- strawberry fragrance oil
- vanilla fragrance oil
- Put the salt in a large glass mixing bowl, add the glycerin and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in two, to one part add food color until the desired shade is reached, mix very well, if you use liquid food color be careful that the mix doesn't get too wet, if necessary leave the color pink instead of red.
- Add the fragrance oil.
- In another bowl, add the vanilla fragrance to the other part and mix well.
- The fragrance amounts are not "to taste" but "to smell".
- Cover both bowls and leave to stand for an hour, and then mix again.
- Have some clean jars ready and fill them by alternating the layers, holding the jar at a slight angle, this way you get the layered sand effect Cover the lid with a piece of nice cotton or paper, tie with string or ribbon, and provide with a label Use 4 to 5 tablespoons per bath.