Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from an issue of Taste of Home and it has become a huge family hit. Requested all year round. Quickly fixes in one dish. Cranberry Jello-o can be used and so can sugar free, tastes great no matter.
- 1 (8 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (15 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- Open and drain all liquid from pineapple.
- In casserole dish fix Jell-o with hot water only, stir until dissolved.
- Add can of cranberry sauce (I use a whisk to help break it up and remove from can).
- Gently stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add pineapple, stir.
- Cut whole strawberries into halves or quarters, gently stir berries into jell-o mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, usually a few hours.
- As salad sets out some watering effect will occur, but not harmful.
- Cooking time is refrigeration time.
I am NOT a Jell-O person, so I had to actually go BUY some, but it was worth the extra effort in the end, because it was just so good! Those folks at TOH really nailed it with this one. No leftovers, either!! *PAC Spring 2008*
I love cranberries of all kinds but my family hates it and so I was searching for a sneaky way to get them to like it and this worked, ha! I called it strawberry sauce and everyone thought this was yummy (although I used fresh cranberries with a little added sugar but I'm going to try it as written at some point).