Strawberry Crêpes With Orange Marmalade Sauce
- To prepare crêpes, place egg substitute, milk, margarine and vanilla in blender. Blend 15 seconds. Add cornstarch, salt and artificial sweetener. Blend 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spray 6-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Pour 2 tablespoons crêpe batter into skillet. Immediately rotate skillet to swirl batter over entire bottom of skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crêpe is golden brown and top is dry. Turn crêpe; cook 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan with cooking spray as needed. Separate crêpes with waxed paper.
- To prepare filling, heat strawberry fruit spread in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend 1 cup water and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth; whisk into fruit spread. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Stir in 3 cups strawberries; cool slightly.
- To prepare sauce, heat orange marmalade fruit spread with 1/4 cup water in saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- To assemble crêpes, spread 1/4 cup filling down center of each crêpe; roll tightly. Repeat with remaining crêpes. Place 2 crêpes on each serving plate. Divide 1 cup strawberries among crêpes. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Using cornstarch for the crêpe batter allows you to cook the crêpes immediately after mixing the batter. Crêpe batter made with flour usually has to rest for 30 minutes before cooking. Also, cornstarch crêpes have a silkier texture than do crêpes made with flour.