Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Vegetarian Times (June 2005)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together eggs and buttermilk.
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture.
- Fold in butter and strawberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.