Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a fresh tasting drink with a twist, and a delightful summer beverage.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale
- fresh strawberries
- Put sliced strawberries in an electric blender.
- Process for 30 seconds.
- Add water, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in ginger ale.
- Serve over crushed ice.
- Garnish with strawberry if desired.
Lovely to look at too! Saw this same recipe (amounts were doubled though) in the Taste of Home Holidays booklet. I'm going to make it using raspberries, since we have a big berry patch & always need ways to use them up! Will try Killer B's suggestion of rum, too.
I made this for the kids this weekend and they really liked it.
Delicious! I used frozen strawberries for a slushier texture and DH suggested a shot of rum. Just the thing for a hot, summer, Friday evening.