Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found this in a magazine and it is my husbands favorite dessert!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Line a 8x4 in loaf pan with foil.
- Mash 2 c of strawberries in a large bowl.
- Stir in condensed milk, lemmon juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Combine oreo cookies and melted butter.
- Top the strawberry mixtured in the loaf pan with the oreo mixture, pressing gently.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, invert loaf pan onto a serving plate, remove foil. "frost" the sides with remaining whipped topping and garnish with remaining strawberries.
I didn't have the fresh strawberries to use, so didn't have them for the garnish! Instead I used thawed-from-frozen whole strawberries & mashed those! This dessert was happily devoured in no time at all by 5 of us! I'm definitely keeping hold of this recipe so I can make it again when good strawberries are again in season next year! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]