1/1 Photo of Strawberry Cookies (No-Bake Date Nut Cookie)
I've been making these every Christmas since the 1970s when Winnie Batting, a long-time family friend and my father's babysitter, gave me her recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- 2Add slightly beaten egg, sugar, coconut, dates and salt.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 4Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 5Add cereal and nuts.
- 6Cool slightly.
- 7Butter hands and roll a heaping teaspoon into a ball and then add a point to make it into the shape of a strawberry.
- 8Immediately roll in red sugar and place on waxed paper (kids can help with this step since the faster you roll them in sugar, the better).
- 9When all the cookies are made, add green icing stems (I use decorator tip #349).
- 10When stems are firm to the touch, place in candy papers and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cookies (No-Bake Date Nut Cookie)
Serving Size: 1 (2581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g