Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Well, this tops my cheesecake recipe really well, and I didn't see any on 'Zaar that were quite like it, I decided to post it:)
- In a non-reactive saucepan, over medium heat, combine 2 pints of the strawberries, sugar and liquor.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the fruit is soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Turn into a mixing bowl, and add the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Mix well.
The lemon juice really affected the flavor the strawberries. I would not recommend this recipe. It had the right consistency but the flavor was way off.
I used lemon juice and it came out great! So simple! I used it to make a compote to pour over a cheesecake I was making.
This was a good start to what I needed -- I used Chambord instead of the Grand Marnier and add some Limoncello along with the chambord. I cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup and my husband rated this a 10 and wants it for his birthday over my pound cake!