Recipe by a la mode
Well, this tops my cheesecake recipe really well, and I didn't see any on 'Zaar that were quite like it, I decided to post it:)
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, washed,patted dry and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, over medium heat, combine 2 pints of the strawberries, sugar and liquor.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the fruit is soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Turn into a mixing bowl, and add the remaining sliced strawberries.
- Mix well.