Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A long-time favorite at Brooke's house! This is always a hit!
- 2 cups bleached all purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, whole & thawed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease 13x9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Alternately add flour and sour cream to egg mixture. Beat at low speed to blend. Fold in strawberries. Pour into prepared pan.
- To make topping, beat brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter together in bowl. Add flour and pecans. Stir to make a semi-dry, crumbly mixture. Spread on top of batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden tooth pick comes out clean. The topping should melt and partially sink into batter.