1/5 Photos of Strawberry Coffee Cake
This cake is full of sweet strawberries and spiced with cinnamon. It has a festive red color for Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries (sweetened, sliced and thawed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1In large saucepan, combine cornstarch and strawberries until blended.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 3Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon and almond extract, set aside.
- 5In large bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- 6Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 7Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 8Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the remaining flour mixture.
- 9Stir in buttermilk and egg until moistened.
- 10Spread 1 1/2 cups of batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- 11Carefully spread with the strawberry mixture.
- 12Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over strawberry mixture.
- 13Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g