Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love strawberries, and coconut, so this sounds especially good to me. Found in an old issue of Woman's Day magazine. I haven't tried yet but plan to soon.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl blend cream and eggs together, then pour over flour mixture, add strawberries, and stir just until mixed and dough clumps together.
- Scrape dough onto center of prepared baking sheet and pat into a 9-inch round (dough will be very sticky).
- Sprinkle dough with 2 tbs of sugar.
- Grease a long knife and cut round of dough into 8 wedges, but don't separate wedges.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffed and well browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Recut wedges.