Recipe by Sharlene~W
A very easy ice cream pie from Rosie's magazine. Prep time does not include chilling for 6 hours or overnight.
- 21 shortbread cookies, processed into fine crumbs (1 1/3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, slightly softened (or strawberry ice cream/strawberry sherbet blend)
- 1 pint coconut ice cream or 1 pint coconut gelato, slightly softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- toasted coconut, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor, whirl crumbs and coconut until well blended and coconut is very finely chopped.
- Add butter; pulse until evenly moistened.
- Pat into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes, until firm and lightly golden.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Drop alternate spoonfuls of both ice creams into crust.
- Swirl together with a tip of knife to marbelize.
- Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Beat cream and sugar until peaks form.
- Serve pie in wedges topped with whipped cream and garnished with toasted coconut.