A very easy ice cream pie from Rosie's magazine. Prep time does not include chilling for 6 hours or overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 21 shortbread cookies, processed into fine crumbs (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, slightly softened (or strawberry ice cream/strawberry sherbet blend)
- 1 pint coconut ice cream or 1 pint coconut gelato, slightly softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- toasted coconut, for garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In food processor, whirl crumbs and coconut until well blended and coconut is very finely chopped.
- 3Add butter; pulse until evenly moistened.
- 4Pat into 9-inch pie plate.
- 5Bake 10 minutes, until firm and lightly golden.
- 6Let cool on wire rack.
- 7Drop alternate spoonfuls of both ice creams into crust.
- 8Swirl together with a tip of knife to marbelize.
- 9Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- 10Beat cream and sugar until peaks form.
- 11Serve pie in wedges topped with whipped cream and garnished with toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Coconut Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut ice cream