Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on tasty yummies and thought it looked delish. I added some almond extract to the recipe. If you try it, let me know how it turns out.
- 473.18 ml certified gluten free rolled oats
- 59.14 ml certified gluten free oat flour
- 236.59 ml unsweetened flaked coconut
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 118.29 ml almonds, roughly chopped
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 2 organic bananas, mashed
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml coconut oil, melted
- 236.59 ml fresh organic strawberry, roughly chopped
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet or two with unbleached parchment paper. In a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, coconut, chia seeds, almonds and salt. Stir in bananas, strawberries, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. I use my clean bare hands to mix it all up so I can really get in there and get everything well mixed. You can of course just use a large spoon or spatula.
- Form the dough into 2 1/2 inch balls/discs with your hands and place into even rows with just a little room in between them. Press them down very gently to flatten them a bit.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan for a few minutes than transfer to a cooking rack. Enjoy for breakfast, dessert or an anytime snack.