Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this recipe on tasty yummies and thought it looked delish. I added some almond extract to the recipe. If you try it, let me know how it turns out.
- 2 cups certified gluten free rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup certified gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 organic bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberry, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet or two with unbleached parchment paper. In a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, coconut, chia seeds, almonds and salt. Stir in bananas, strawberries, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. I use my clean bare hands to mix it all up so I can really get in there and get everything well mixed. You can of course just use a large spoon or spatula.
- Form the dough into 2 1/2 inch balls/discs with your hands and place into even rows with just a little room in between them. Press them down very gently to flatten them a bit.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan for a few minutes than transfer to a cooking rack. Enjoy for breakfast, dessert or an anytime snack.