Recipe by Steph_40135
I was inspired by Dorel's Peach Cobbler (#75942). I made her PC, then later noticed that my pint of strawberries was going soft. So, I thought I would experiment with the Dorel's recipe and add a little twist! My kids LOVE it!! (bet this would work with fresh raspberries too).
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 cup measure, put 3 (small-medium) whole strawberries in cup, pour milk to 3/4 cup line, add 1 tsp vanilla; Blend until smooth.
- Strain milk mixture to remove seeds.
- (I use the strawberries and milk so the girls would get excited about a pink cake!).
- Melt margarine in microwave (melt right in you 8x8" square glass baking dish).
- While margarine is melting, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& cinnamon.
- Stir in milk mixture until combined.
- Pour batter over butter (I gently spread it out to the edges).
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.
- Even great cool!