I was inspired by Dorel's Peach Cobbler (#75942). I made her PC, then later noticed that my pint of strawberries was going soft. So, I thought I would experiment with the Dorel's recipe and add a little twist! My kids LOVE it!! (bet this would work with fresh raspberries too).
- In a 1 cup measure, put 3 (small-medium) whole strawberries in cup, pour milk to 3/4 cup line, add 1 tsp vanilla; Blend until smooth.
- Strain milk mixture to remove seeds.
- (I use the strawberries and milk so the girls would get excited about a pink cake!).
- Melt margarine in microwave (melt right in you 8x8" square glass baking dish).
- While margarine is melting, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& cinnamon.
- Stir in milk mixture until combined.
- Pour batter over butter (I gently spread it out to the edges).
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.
- Even great cool!
In a word....WOW! I followed directions to the letter and it turned out perfect. Thanks Steph for a great recipe.
Great Recipe! I whipped it up quickly before dinner last night. I used 2 containers of strawberries cut in quarters and added a few dashes of cinnamon. The only change I made in prep was that I didn't put the strawberries in the milk or remove the seeds (but a great idea for making the cake pink!) The rest of the recipe is easy, fast and fun. It came out so delicious!