Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious recipe for when you have those wonderful fresh strawberries.
- 12 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cook strawberry mixture, stirring frequently, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until blended.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1 minute or until mixture is thickened.
- Spoon mixture into 6 (5 ounce) ovenproof ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Divide mixture evenly over strawberry mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm.