- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 400°F.
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and corn starch in saucepan. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.
- Pour into an 8" square baking dish.
- Combine next 5 ingredients for dumpling batter, and drop by tablespoons onto strawberry mixture.
- Combine sugar and cardamom and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at given temperature about 25 minutes, or until dumplings are done.