Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A neat variation. From a book called "Taste of Strawberries".
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Set the oven to 400°F.
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and corn starch in saucepan. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.
- Pour into an 8" square baking dish.
- Combine next 5 ingredients for dumpling batter, and drop by tablespoons onto strawberry mixture.
- Combine sugar and cardamom and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at given temperature about 25 minutes, or until dumplings are done.
This was extremely good. Easy to make. I would use more strawberries than I had, I don't think I had quite 4 cups. Will make again real soon.
This was so wonderful! I really love strawberries, and this is just so easy to make. I did have one problem, though - you said to use an 8" square baking dish, and all I had was a 9", so I used it...but it bubbled over the sides and all over the oven. Sooooo...I'm thinking I'll use a slightly bigger dish next time. I think I may have had a little more than 4 cups of strawberries in it, so it was probably my fault. Regardless - super tasty! Thanks for the recipe!
I love this! It is really sweet, and that is the way I like my desserts. It was quick to make, and quick to cook. I didn't have cardamom so I used a little ginger and cinnamon instead, and it turned out very well. Thanks!