Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened (3/4 of an 8-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 loaf poundcake, thawed if frozen (10 3/4 to 12 ounces)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped and lightly sweetened
- In small bowl beat cheese, orange juice concentrated honey to blend thoroughly; mix in walnuts.
- Cut cake into 12 equal slices.
- Slice 1 basket of the strawberries.
- Spread 4 slices of cake, on one side, with some of the cheese mixture.
- Top with half of strawberry slices, with more cheese mixture; place on first 4 cake slices.
- Cover with remaining sliced strawberries.
- Spread remaining cake slices, on one side, with remaining cheese mixture; place cheese sides down on sandwiches.
- Cut diagonally into halves; skewer each with a sandwich pick.
- Serve sandwiches with remaining strawberries, halved, dividing equally.
- Dollop with whipped cream; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.