Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fluffy strawberry dessert that I created to use my fresh garden strawberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (divided)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix crust ingredients with a fork or pastry blender.
- Press into bottom of 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Soften cream cheese.
- Mix in sugar until smooth.
- Crush one cup of the berries and add to cream cheese, along with the Cool Whip (I use an electric mixer).
- Coarsely chop the remaining cup of berries and fold into mixture.
- Spread filling evenly over cooled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until served.
Excellent! I thought it would be hard to serve but it came out of the pan very nicely. I garnished the top with strawberry halves and cut pieces so that there was a strawberry in the middle of each serving. This would be a BIG hit at a church potluck.