Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on BBC Food.
Make and share this Strawberry Clafouti recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly grease a 25cm/10in round or a 25x20cm/10x8in rectangular pan (ceramic or metal) with softened butter.
- Rinse the strawberries, leaving them a little wet.
- Toss with 1/3 of the caster sugar, then spread them evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Sift the flour, salt and the remaining sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Mix well, drawing in the flour from the sides.
- Stir in the milk gradually until you have a smooth batter (You can use a food processor to make the batter).
- Pour the batter into the dish over the strawberries, and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for about 35 minutes until lightly browned and puffed up.
- Clafouti is at its best eaten lukewarm; dust with the icing sugar just before serving.
- Serve plain or with some lightly sweetened whipped cream if you're feeling decadent.
This recipe worked well for me. It was very easy It came out a little overdone, I should have checked on it before the full 35 minutes. I also think I could have flavored the batter somewhat. A little framboise would have been a good idea.
Very good! I had a little less than 500g strawberries and I forgot to grease the dish so we had to scrape the pudding out of it! Other than that it was pretty yummy, with the sugar being just right - not too much and not too little. DD and I are going to make it again soon and this time I hope to get it absolutely right!