Recipe by catercow
This is just a little something I concocted this morning in lieu of how chilly it is outside (yes yes I know 50 degrees isn't very cold, but it is for florida). It combines my two favorite things--cinnamon and strawberries!
Top Review by brokenburner
Cinnamon and strawberries are an interesting combination! I used old fashioned oats, frozen strawberries, and about half a tablespoon of cinnamon. I initially used two packets of Splenda, but later added two more because the cinnamon flavor was just too strong. I stopped microwaving it thirty seconds into the third minute, because it reached a good consistency for me. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats and water in a bowl, stir and add about half the Equal and cinnamon.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir, then add in the strawberries and stir again.
- Microwave for 1 more minute.
- Stir again and add in the remainder of the Equal and the cinnamon.
- Microwave again for 1 minute. (It should be done at this point, but depending on your microwave or how gooey you like your oatmeal you can heat it longer).