Recipe by Montegrano
I encountered the original savory recipe in a health cookbook, but I tweaked it a little to convert it into this sweet version. It's obviously open to different flavor substitutions. The cinnamon is an approximate measurement, however, so feel free to change it.
Top Review by jbronwynne
This cornbread was really good! I modified it slightly using gluten-free flour (which makes it more crumbly) and added some real strawberries and mashed banana. It came out with a mildly sweet taste and good texture. Thanks for the recipe!
- 236.59 ml unbleached flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, plus
- 2 egg yolks
- 283.49 g strawberry yogurt (or whichever flavor you prefer)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raisins (or whichever dried fruit you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix egg, yolks, yogurt, cinnamon, raisins, and stir until combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour or scoop batter into a greased (or coated with cooking spray) 9 X 9 pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Eat until gone.
- Repeat steps 1-7.