Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is scrumptious with water crackers and a choice of Brie and light cream cheese. From Perfect Food magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Yield-1 cup Weight watcher points-1.
Poured over a block of softened cream cheese and served with an assortment of my favorite crackers. Delicious and enjoyed by one and all!
This was soooo fabulous, and my friends thought I slaved over this appetizer! LOL :) I served it with an arrangement of crackers and brie as suggested. I actually thought about adding a little more honey next time as mine was quite tart. I guess it depends on how tart your lemon is, and how sweet your strawberries are :)
Great flavor combo! Everything blends really wonderfully in this, and I think that the raspberry vinegar is the real star. I thought that the amount of honey called for might make it too sweet, as it tasted pretty sweet when it was cooking, but as it cooled, it tarted up a bit, so it was perfect. I used frozen strawberries with great results. We enjoyed greatly on sea salt & black pepper crackers with a smear of cream cheese. Yum! True gourmet flavor, and surprisingly easy to make. Thanks, Sharon!