Recipe by flower7
-Created for Ready Set Cook #12 (Summer 2008). This is a combination of a traditional tiramisu and one that is decidedly not traditional! Be sure to use the soft variety of ladyfingers. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a light and enjoyable dessert. It is so easy to make and goes together in a flash. It lends itself well to entertaining as it is made ahead of time and then garnished at time of serving. I did cut the recipe in half and prepared it in an 8-inch square pan. Made for *Hidden Gems*
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 12 ounces frozen non-dairy topping, thawed (I use fat free)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers (ladyfinger sponge cakes)
- 6 tablespoons no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, sugar, and chocolate syrup, until mixture is light and fluffy. This can be done with a mixer or a wooden spoon (I use a spoon). Gently stir in the whipped topping, being careful not to deflate it too much.
- Place one half of the ladyfinger halves on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, tearing some to cover the bottom of the pan as much as possible (you may have one or two leftover).
- Brush half the strawberry preserves over the ladyfingers. You may need to microwave the preserve briefly to loosen it up & make it easier to brush.
- Top the ladyfingers with half the strawberry slices then spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the berries. Repeat layers, brushing ladyfingers with preserves, topping with strawberries, and ending with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.