Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A light tart good for your mouth and waistline. From cookinglight.com.
Make and share this Strawberry-Chocolate Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 414.03 ml oats
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 51.76 ml chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 29.58 ml water
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml nonfat milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 591.47 ml sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare crust, place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely ground (about 30 seconds).
- Add butter; pulse 3 times or until combined. Add 2 tablespoons water; pulse until dough forms.
- Press oat mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate chips, stirring until chips melt.
- Pour into cooled crust; cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Carefully remove tart from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Arrange strawberry slices, spokelike, on top of custard, working from outside of pan to center.
- Cover loosely with parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- Chill 8 hours or overnight.