8 hrs 20 mins
A light tart good for your mouth and waistline. From cookinglight.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2To prepare crust, place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely ground (about 30 seconds).
- 3Add butter; pulse 3 times or until combined. Add 2 tablespoons water; pulse until dough forms.
- 4Press oat mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until browned.
- 6Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 7To prepare filling.
- 8Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a medium saucepan, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat; add chocolate chips, stirring until chips melt.
- 10Pour into cooled crust; cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- 11Carefully remove tart from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 12Arrange strawberry slices, spokelike, on top of custard, working from outside of pan to center.
- 13Cover loosely with parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- 14Chill 8 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Chocolate Tart
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 215.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g