Recipe by winter rowand
This is a sweet roll up its very easy to make and enjoy. In this recipe I used 1/2 of the dough from Easy Dinner Rolls. The other half of the dough I made the rolls with--but it works out to about loaf of bread dough. The syrup is guesstimated because I used the squeeze bottle. The preserves are best if you make sure there are not chunks of berries in them. And make sure you have some flour on hand to help prevent the dough from sticking.
- 1 loaf bread dough
- 8 ounces strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven on 350°F.
- Put preserves in a plastic sandwich bag or (piping tube) massage the bag as to make sure there are no large chunks of berries and cut a small corner off the sandwich bag so that it makes a line of preserves about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly flour the spot you will be rolling the dough on and use flour to also keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Roll out dough in to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle or square which ever make you happy.
- Draw alternating lines of preserves and chocolate sauce about 1 inch from all edges of dough.
- Lightly wet the edges or dough with you finger.
- Roll dough up like a jelly roll sealing the final edge by pinching it slightly and seal the ends by pinching together and twisting them.
- You can bake this in a bread pan or I like it better when baked on a cookie sheet cause if any of the filling manages to leak out you can scoop it up with a spatula and smear it on top of the roll up.
- Bake about 15- 20 minutes on middle rack.
- When done spread the table spoon of butter on top (before spreading any of the leakage on it) and enjoy.
- You can let the roll up rise for a bout 30 minutes before baking it if you want it a little more fluffy but i like it just like it is.