Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Chocolate and strawberries are a heavenly combination!!
- 1 pint basket ripe strawberry, washed, stemmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- mint sprig, for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries and liqueur; cover and refrigerate.
- To make chocolate mousse: In a small saucepan, mix water with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Place chocolate pieces in container of electric blender.
- Immediately add hot sugar mixture.
- Blend until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In medium bowl, whip 3/4 cup of the cream to form stiff peaks. With rubber spatula, fold chocolate into cream to blend thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, whip the remaining 3/4 cup cream to form soft peaks.
- Beat in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla.
- In four 10 to 12 ounce stemmed wine glasses or in dessert bowls, layer mousse, whipped cream and strawberries, dividing equally.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- (Chilling time is included in the cooking time.).