Recipe by Brittney_B
These indulgent toasted sandwiches ooze with chocolate hazelnut goodness and are complimented by delicious strawberries. They are surprisingly easy to make so are perfect for a delectable sweet twist on the average toasted sandwich!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Strange sandwich, if you want to call it that, but definitely a WONDERFUL TASTING dessert! I did leave off the powdered sugar, but that my preference ~ Everything else was as posted! Will definitely be making these again & again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 8 slices white bread
- 12 tablespoons nutella
- 1⁄2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries
- canola oil cooking spray or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- icing sugar, extra to serve
- strawberry, extra to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- spread each slice of bread with 1 1/2 tablespoons of nutella on one side.
- sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped hazelnuts over the nutella on 4 pieces of bread
- remove the leafy bits from the strawberries and slice coarsely.
- lay strawberries evenly to cover the surface of the 4 pieces of bread with.
- sprinkles remaining hazelnuts over the strawberries and then cover each with.
- another piece of bread, nutella side down to make a sandwich.
- cook sandwiches one at a time for 1-2 minutes on each side, spray between.
- flipping each one.
- to serve slice diagonally into two triangles, dust with icing sugar and.
- garnish with extra strawberries.