Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My aunt use to make this for me, when we would come to visit. It brings back fond memories. A very sweet and rich dessert.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In small sauce pan, melt butter, stir in crushed wafers.
- Pat firmly into 11 x 7 dish (chill).
- In large bowl, dissolve jello into boiling water.
- Stir in condensed milk,& undrained strawberries.
- Fold in marshmallows& whip cream.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This is wonderful! Very creamy and flavorful! I think this would be great to take to a potluck. I don't have an 11 x 7 dish, so I made it in a 9 x 9 pan, and it turned out fine. Like the discription says, it is very sweet, so I think those without much of a sweet tooth might only want a small piece. I personally could eat the whole pan (but I won't). ;-)