Recipe by nursecynthia
Yummy and reduced calorie too! I love this recipe in the summertime, it's very refreshing!
Top Review by J. Ko
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2008. This was a very light, refreshing pie which will be made often in the future. I have had similar pies in the past but I loved the extra "zing" from the addition of the lime juice and zest. Thank you, nursecindy, for this easy recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, with ice cube
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite
- 8 strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup ice cubes and cold water. Stir until ice is completely melted.
- Stir in lime peel and juice.
- Add whipped topping and stir with a wire wisk until well blended.
- Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.