Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Needs to chill 4 hours.
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken and celery.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together mayo, lemon juice, mint, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Right before serving, fold in strawberries and almonds.
mmm loved it, a unique chicken salad; a very pleasant combination of flavours and soo refreshing! I needed something I could put together in the morning to finish at supper time, this was lovely after marinating all day, love the freshness of the strawberries and the almond crunch. The mint really made it fresh and the aroma was wonderful! Thanks for posting I will be making it again.
I was searching for something different to make for lunch and I decided to give this one a try. I liked it quite well. The mint lended a cool, fresh, unique flavor to the salad. I used toasted pecans instead of almonds and liked the crunchy texture. Never had strawberries in chicken salad before but it tasted good to me. I'd make this one again. Thanks Nurse Di.