Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A nice citrusy blend of flavours make this salad a memorable feast for one to enjoy over the years. This involves some hard work, but its well worth the end result. The longer you allow the chicken to marinate, the tastier it gets!
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 350 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups oranges, drained
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- For the dressing:.
- In a screw-top jar, mix together the oil, lemon juice and sugar with half of the orange juice.
- Cover tightly and shake thoroughly.
- Chill the dressing until required.
- For the marinade:.
- In a bowl, combine soya sauce, green onions, the remaining orange juice and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Put chicken in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag.
- Turn the chicken on all sides to coat it well with the marinade.
- Chill for 2-24 hours.
- Turn the chicken occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the bag.
- Reserve the marinade.
- For the chicken:.
- Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with marinade.
- Grill for further 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Cool slightly and then slice the chicken breasts.
- For serving:.
- Line 4 individual salad plates with spinach leaves.
- Arrange oranges, strawberries and chicken breast slices on the spinach leaves.
- Shake the dressing in the jar and drizzle it over the salad.
Very good recipe - refreshing & light. I used an extra tbsp of orange juice in place of the oil & omitted the green onions.