Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This salad will go well with almost any meal and give an exotic touch to it. It is also a perfect "stand-alone" meal or for buffet or garden parties and it is not much work.
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- Combine half of the orange juice, oil, lemon juice, and sugar in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Chill dressing until serving time.
- Combine soy sauce, green onions, rest of the orange juice, and garlic. Place chicken in a plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn chicken to coat well. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours, turning chicken occasionally. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes. Brush chicken with marinade; turn chicken and brush with marinade. Grill for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Cool slightly; slice chicken breasts.
- Line 4 individual salad plates with spinach leaves. Arrange oranges, strawberries, and chicken breast slices on spinach-lined plates. Shake dressing; drizzle over salads.