Recipe by Debby H
This is such a refreshing salad and presents beautifully. I found this in one of my Pilsbury Classic Cookbooks several years ago. I have served this many times and everyone loves it. If you like, serve with a small bowl of crumbled cheese on the side. Sometimes I just make up the dressing and serve it on a salad of baby lettuce, Jarlsberg Cheese, grapes, strawberries and toasted almonds or walnuts. Serve with a great crusty bread or roll.
- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, torn into bitesize pieces
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 -8 leaves bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Drain, rinse with cold water to cool.
- Drain well.
- While cooking pasta combine all remaining salad ingredients except strawberries and lettuce.
- In blender combine sugar, onion, salt, lemon juice and mustard.
- Cover, blend until well mixed.
- With blender running add oil in slow steady stream blending until dressing is thick and smooth.
- Add poppy seed, pulse a few times to mix.
- Just before serving, gently stir strawberries into salad.
- Serve immediately so strawberries do not discolor dressing (best to eat in one setting, leftovers become soggy).
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter.
- Spoon salad over lettuce.