Jamie B's Note:
This flavorful recipe is slightly sweet and anywhere from very mildly spicy to plenty spicy. We enjoy it at home, and I've made it twice for families just home from the hospital. It's adapted from a recipe from "The Best of Sunset Low-Fat Cook Book."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tomato sauce, jam, vinegar, Mexican Seasoning, thyme and ginger. Pour into lasagne pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into bite sized pieces, and add to sauce in pan.
- 4Toss chicken to coat with sauce.
- 5Bake until cooked through, about 30 - 40 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken to serving dish.
- 7Combine cornstarch with a couple tablespoons sauce. Stir to make a paste.
- 8Pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Combine with cornstarch paste.
- 9Boil sauce, stirring constantly, until thickented, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- 10Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: