Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This flavorful recipe is slightly sweet and anywhere from very mildly spicy to plenty spicy. We enjoy it at home, and I've made it twice for families just home from the hospital. It's adapted from a recipe from "The Best of Sunset Low-Fat Cook Book."
- Combine tomato sauce, jam, vinegar, Mexican Seasoning, thyme and ginger. Pour into lasagne pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into bite sized pieces, and add to sauce in pan.
- Toss chicken to coat with sauce.
- Bake until cooked through, about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving dish.
- Combine cornstarch with a couple tablespoons sauce. Stir to make a paste.
- Pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Combine with cornstarch paste.
- Boil sauce, stirring constantly, until thickented, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.