Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another one from the Sunset Low-Fat Cookbook...thighs baked in a sweet-sour sauce and served atop a bed of rice-yummy!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 3 cups hot cooked short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly slice
- In a shallow 3-qt casserole, mix tomato sauce, jam, vinegar, chili powder, thyme and ginger.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; add to sauce and turn to coat. Bake in a 400Â° oven, basting occasionally, until meat near bone is no longer pink; cut to test after 45 minutes of baking. Salt to taste.
- Spoon rice on to a platter. Top with chicken, sauce, and onions.
Love the flavors !! The strawberry jam is a great idea here, and with the other spices made for a great meal, with the rice. I did cut down on the onions a bit, but 1 great meal enjoyed here. Made for Recipe Swap.