Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've made this many times in the past and just recently saw a similar version in TOH. I always use the cream cheese pudding in place of vanilla pudding. This makes a no fuss, can make ahead rich and creamy dessert. Also makes a pretty presentation.
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) carton strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and amaretto.
- Whisk in pudding mix. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a small bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.